HEINE Breath Shields
For the indirect ophthalmoscopes HEINE OMEGA 600 and OMEGA 500
For a clear view during examinations
In light of the Covid-19 pandemic, users of binocular indirect ophthalmoscopes are also facing challenges when it comes to examining patients. Ophthalmic societies around the world are advising that examiners attach breath shields to their ophthalmic devices to reduce their potential risk of infection.
While HEINE Breath Shields protect part of the wearer’s face from exposure to some things, it does not provide a complete shield to protect against contact with infectious airborne droplets. Additional protective equipment must be worn!
The Breath Shields, developed exclusively for the HEINE OMEGA 600 and OMEGA 500 binocular indirect ophthalmoscope, cover the mouth, nose and chin area.
Please order the Breath Shields matching the corresponding instrument. The OMEGA 500 Breath Shield is not compatible with the OMEGA 600 ophthalmoscope.
- Undisturbed vision through the ophthalmoscope thanks to a cut-out on the optics
- Comfortable fit – there is no contact between the wearer’s nose and the Breath Shield
- Easy access to all of the controls of the ophthalmoscope
- Both the OMEGA 600 and the OMEGA 500 can be charged directly on the corresponding wall chargers (OMEGA 600 CW1 wall charger or EN 50 UNPLUGGED) with the Breath Shield on.
- Cleaning and disinfection instructions
- Breath Shields are consumables.
Options for ordering through distributors
You can order the HEINE Breath Shields from authorised distributors with immediate effect.
Available individually or as a handy set of three.
OMEGA 600 Article numbers
- HEINE OMEGA 600 BREATH SHIELD (1x Breath Shield): C-000.33.018
- HEINE OMEGA 600 BREATH SHIELD (3x Breath Shields): C-000.33.019
OMEGA 500 Article numbers
- HEINE OMEGA 500 BREATH SHIELD (1x Breath Shield, 1x mounting clip): C-000.33.016
- HEINE OMEGA 500 BREATH SHIELD (3x Breath Shields, 1x mounting clip): C-000.33.017