FAQ - Frequently Asked Question
HEINE EasyClean LED Laryngoscope Handle
Can I do high level disinfection or sterilization using wipe disinfection?
Wiping does not achieve high-level disinfection or sterilization.
What is the reason for the necessity for EPA-registered claim for activity against Mycobacterium tuberculosis and Hepatitis B?
Where can I find lists of EPA-registered disinfectants?
I need help for choosing the right reprocessing procedure.
Please use the decision tree for choosing the reprocessing procedure.
How can I do the spaulding classification in Germany according to KRINKO/RKI?
Is a regular wiping disinfection sufficient?
Periodically a reprocessing procedure with a final sterilization must be performed, as this is the most effective method. We recommend all 10 applications.Which water quality do I need for hygienic reprocessing?
Sterile water for rinsing after disinfection.
When can I charge the handle and when shall I reprocess it?
Perform reprocessing before and after changing the battery
Which A0-Value must be reached? (ISO 15883-1)
The A0-Value must be at least 3000 (ISO 15883-1)
What must I consider in terms of automated cleaning and disinfection?
• The washer/disinfector must be loaded so as not to interfere with the result of the cleaning procedure.
• Rinsing processes must guarantee that all areas are sufficiently free of residue.
What must I consider in terms of manual disinfection?
Avoid air pockets.
What do I need aditionally for manual disinfection?
• Clean disinfection container or sink / Size: at least 30 x 30 x 10 cm
• sterile, dry cloth
• Sterile demineralized water
Which Brush shall I use for which surface?
• For the easy to access surfaces, use a large brush
• For the difficult to access places brush them at least 5 times using a small, round plastic brush.
How often shall I brush for manual cleaning?
Brush at least 3 times (submerged in the cleaning solution)
What do I need aditionally for manual cleaning?
• Clean, dry cloth
• Clean container or sink ; Size: at least 30 x 30 x 10 cm
• Demineralized water
• Soft plastic brushes
How can I do the spaulding classification?
What shall I do to avoid reactions with subsequent treatment stages?
After cleaning, the handle must be rinsed free of residue in order to avoid reactions with subsequent treatment stages/ damage to the materials.
Can I perform hygienic reprocessing without removing the batteries?
If you use reprocessing programs with temperatures below 60°C (Low-Temperature Procedures) or if the battery manufacturer´s instructions allow the temperatures of the used procedures, you can reprocess the handle without removing the batteries.
For which procedures do I need to remove the batteries?
Procedures using temperatures over 60 C , e.g.:
- automated cleaning and disinfection in a washer disinfector
- autoclave/steam sterilization
For which procedures can I leave the batteries in the handle?
Procedures using tempperatures under 60°C , e.g.:
- manual cleaning and disinfection
- low temperature sterilization (VHP/STERRAD)
Can I combine automated cleaning and disinfection with STERRAD/VHP(Steris)?
Yes you can, but you need to remove the batteries before automated cleaning and disinfection.
Can I combine manual cleaning and disinfection with steam sterilization?
Yes you can, but you need to remove the batteries before steam sterilization.
Which brushes do I need for manual cleaning?
Soft plastic brushes:
- Large brush; length: at least 10 cm
- small, round plastic brush:
Brush diameter: 1 cm;
Brush length: at least 1.5 cm
Can I use flash autoclaving?
Flash autoclaving is not permitted.