The development and widespread use of the dermatoscope has strongly influenced the early detection and prevention of skin cancer. In fact, a personal story from our company founder, Helmut A. Heine, helped contribute to this: in 1989, he accompanied his wife when she had a conspicuous lesion examined. He noticed that the examination methods being used at that time had considerable shortcomings with respect to brightness, sharpness, and handling. With the help of Dr. Otto Braun-Falco, the first hand-held dermatoscope, the DELTA10, was developed.
Since then, the dermatoscope has become an indispensable component in dermatological diagnoses both for dermatologists and for general practitioners. Our dermatology website offers informative posts and exclusive downloads, as well as information on the latest dermatological products.
Dermatoscopes, HeadLights, Examination Lights
Get your own HEINE Compendium via email or post.
Contact and Non-contact dermatoscopy, immersion and polarisation
Prevention, Early detection ABCDE rule, White and black skin cancer
Ticks, Alopezia areata, Morbus Grover, Head Lice, Itch Mites
Leaflets and downloads
- HEINE Dermatoscopy - Scabies Diagnostics Flyer
- Chaos & Clues – Algorithm for Pigmented Skin Malignancy (Australian method)
- Scale of skin type (Fitzpatrick)
- Photo documentation DELTA 20T
- Sunscreen instructions for patients
- Algorithm for differentiating between melanocytic and non-melanocytic skin tumours