Digital documentation in dermatoscopy
With your smartphone
Digital documentation with the HEINE DERM app or the HEINE Cube System can improve patient care and make practitioners’ daily lives easier. Once the smartphone is magnetically attaced to the dermatoscope, the practitioner stays flexible and can decide if he or she wants to use the digital documentation option. In the digital documentation mode, swift switching to the documented images of a peculiar naevus is guaranteed.
How to connect your dermatoscope to a smartphone:
With a matching mobile phone case for selected Apple iPhones
Documentation is simple with a smartphone
In the past, you had to buy a dermatoscopy attachment for SLR cameras or capture images through the eye piece using a mobile phone or separate digital camera. The DELTA 30 and DELTAone dermatoscopes can now be uses with a digital documentation option. Data transfer to the computer through a cable, with images mainly ‘sorted’ in a rather confusing ‘do-it-yourself’ folder structure, is a thing of the past.
There are 2 levels of digital documentation available:
1. The HEINE DERM app, which enables straightforward documentation of dermatoscopically recorded lesions without any need for other programs, since the images are saved in the app.
- Easy to use
- Available in different languages
- Patients can be created with plain names or managed under their own pseudonyms or patient IDs.
2. The HEINE Cube System
Here, the image is stored on the CUBE server with end-to-end encryption – not on the mobile device used.
- Capture images with a smartphone
- The images can be further processed, categorised and tracked on the computer or the terminal device
- There is an interface (over the GDT data exchange format*) to the commonly used practice management systems.
*a standardised interface between medical practice IT systems and medical devices
Documentation takes place using a (practice) smartphone with both options. Mounting cases are available for the mobile devices.
Easy management of digital images, comments and data.
Digital monitoring: Easy. Efficient. Safe.
The digital dermatoscope
Uniting diagnostic precision and mobility.
Reliable diagnostics due to our best imaging.
Quick question. Great help.
We would like to customise our website even better for our visitors.
Please specify your field of business:
The information I provide will be stored in accordance with data protection regulations.